Saturday, April 8, 2006

dinner party

Last night I cooked for eight in our first dinner party in ages. It was awesome to have Matt and April (our perpetual guests), Matt and Bree, and Andrew and Naomi visiting for a meal. And I have found a foolproof company dish that is easy and tasty every time. Yay!

Maple Hoisin Chicken
Make a marinade with:
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 T soy sauce
2 T rice vinegar
2 T ketchup
1 T minced garlic
1 T minced ginger root
Mix with eight chicken breasts and marinate for 2-8 hours.
Bake for 30-40 minutes at 200/400 degrees.

This is a wonderful dish that takes no time during the evening you are serving it. I made a couscous side dish and a fresh salad with rocket and that's it. Delicious and easy.

4 comments:

Naomi said...

I hereby confirm it was a most delicious dish and am very pleased to see the recipe here to try out myself. Also rather chuffed to get my name in your blog!

Anonymous said...

Do you bake the chicken in the marinade? Also, when you say bake at 200/400 you mean celcius/farenheit right? Thanks, Marry

Sarah said...

Hello Marry, 200 C or 400 F is the oven temperature. Yes, you bake the chicken still in the marinade. Try it, it's delicious!

akccommodities1 said...

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.
nuts & dried fruits

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading. I look forward to your comment and please feel free to ask questions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails