Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Kitchen Reader

One of the highlights of my month is participating in The Kitchen Reader book group. Each month we read a food-related book, and share our reviews. The books we have read have varied from food classics such as My Life in France by Julia Child, to restaurant narratives, for example Heat by Bill Burford, and home cooking tales, such as Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barabara Kingsolver. Each book I've read has been informative and entertaining, and the other group members always have something funny or insightful to say--and they have become dear friends as well.


I'm thrilled to be taking over the leadership of The Kitchen Reader. And I want to invite you to join us! In March we are reading Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain and we plan to share our reviews on March 31. Please visit the group's blog and then join in with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails