Saturday, September 3, 2011

Weekend Links #22

Weekend Links is a way of sharing all the engrossing things I see around the internet. I publish Weekend Links approximately every two weeks. As usual, I welcome your ideas and feedback.

food reading links:
--An analysis of the recent media coverage of Bill Clinton's veganism and other nutrition in the media (from Small Bites).
--A five part series about food photography by Gourmande in the Kitchen caught my eye, thanks to my brother sending me a link. I love the pictures which show balance in food photos, seen in part two.

recipe links:
--Savoury baked goods are a fantastic addition to dinner. For example, these parmesan spinach muffins from Savvy Eats.
--Or how about a date and orange loaf? It's sweet, but sugar-free (from Anja's Food 4 Thought).
--Coconut birthday cake, from a new food blog about cooking with and for children. Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen is written by Sonya, an amazing mother who is expecting her fourth child in November.
--A guide to the "five tastes" of salad dressings (from The Blissful Chef). Very informative. If you still buy your salad dressing at the store, it might be time to switch.

off-topic links:
--I've just discovered there's a quarterly magazine published called Hong Kong Runner. I'll be subscribing to that! My goal is to start running some timed distances this autumn (I won't call them "races". I am so slow.)
--I really, really love the Kitchen Reader, the food related book club that I participate in (and lead). So I was excited to see that one of our members, Jules from stonesoup, wrote about 7 reasons why joining a book club will help your writing.

What engrossing things have you seen around the internet?

Or tell me... What is your best blog post these last two weeks?

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails