Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Seared Salmon with Coconut Spinach


This week's speedy dinner is so easy - wilted spinach with some tasty additions, and pan-fried salmon. It all came together in just a few minutes. I added some reheated rice for my husband, extra spinach for me, and plated it up.

It turns out that spinach and coconut milk is a really great combination. I didn't find the coconut flavour too overwhelming. It was just enough to add an exotic touch. Supper felt exciting in a way that spinach and salmon wouldn't normally. I'm converted!

This was our Wednesdays with Donna Hay recipe. You can find the recipe in Hay's book, Off the Shelf, or on this blog. Visit the others in my blogging group to see if they liked the recipe: Margaret from Tea and Scones, Gaye from Laws of the Kitchen, Kayte from Grandma's Kitchen Table, and Chaya from Bizzy Bakes. Next week's pick is grilled asparagus with balsamic butter from Modern Classics 1. Join us and leave a link to your post, no commitment required.

Would you eat coconut and spinach together?

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails