Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sweet Potato Soup with Whipped Goat's Cheese Topping


Simple sweet potato soup: just four ingredients. This is my kind of meal. When my husband is away (and hence I'm allowed to eat vegetarian), I whip up a soup or salad or both for my dinner.

I made this soup just a tad more special by whipping a goat's cheese topping. I used 1/3 c (100 g) soft cheese, 1/4 c (60 ml) of sour cream, and 1 T of milk, with lots of pepper. A quick whizz and it's a little bit fluffy. The goat's cheese complements the soup by adding a bit of complexity. Also, the topping is cool while the soup is steaming so it's a great contrast. I like to incorporate a tiny bit of topping with each spoon of soup to enjoy the colours and flavours together.


This dish is part of our Wednesdays with Donna Hay blogging group. If you want to join us, next week we are making American-style pork ribs from Modern Classics 1. Visit the others in my blogging group to see if they liked the soup: Margaret from Tea and Scones, Gaye from Laws of the Kitchen, Kayte from Grandma's Kitchen Table, and Chaya from Bizzy Bakes.

What do you eat when you're alone?

Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails