Many people seem to be coming to the same conclusion as me. If this is you, or you are curious, here are some hints.
- Try one or two weeks without wheat (or other grains). Do you feel any better? I particularly noticed a change in my digestion and feelings of bloat.
- Try eating only one meal a day with wheat (or other grains). Do you feel any different? This is what I did for the first few months after I realised I felt better without wheat. I wasn't ready to completely stop eating it, so I just tried to eat wheat once a day. That allowed me to focus on learning how to change my dinner habits first, then breakfast and lunch.
- Learn how to have breakfast without grains.
- Try tapioca flour for grain-free muffins with a nice, springy texture (pictured).
- Get a spiralizer and enjoy the fun of zucchini noodles - also called zoodles! In the UK they are courgette noodles - courgeoodles! Haha.
- Instead of cakes for dessert, stick with chocolate mousse, pumpkin custard, or grain-free cheesecake.
- Wrap your burgers and taco fillings in lettuce cups, an omelette wrap, or grain-free tortillas.
After I started eating grain-free, I learned more and decided to eat high fat as well. I used Healthful Pursuit's book, The Keto Beginning to help me. It's invaluable!
Do you eat grain-free? What are you biggest challenges? What are your grain-free successes?